Summer solstice has past and summer is officially here! Even though the days will start to get shorter, we are just beginning to enjoy the warmer weather.
We are looking forward to a busy summer in the park. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Partnering with a youth settlement group (South Vancouver Neighbourhood House) to introduce new immigrants and refugees to Canadian wildlife and ecosystems
- Testing out activities and lessons from our new EcoKITS with Eagles in the Sky (Britannia Community Services)
- Removing invasives Holly from the Acadia Forest Restoration site with the EcoTEAM
- Counting aquatic invertebrates (insects) at Spanish Creek with StreamKeepers, Catch the Spirit youth and Nature Kids members
- Piloting our new EcoWATCH monitoring programs out with volunteers
We hope that you have a chance to explore a new trail in the park or come out to one of our Saturday EcoTEAM events from 1:00-4:00.